Friday, May 20, 2011

RBA: SNOWY EGRET (May 19-22)

From Adrian Dorst(May19):

"I got a call from Ralph Crombie this evening who lives at the fish hatchery. He first told me about some of the birds he'd seen during the day, then about the wolves. He said he had several sightings today and saw one wolf attack an adult otter but the otter fought back and bit the wolf in the head causing the wolf to retreat and roll around on the ground in pain."Oh and by the way, there was a second egret there a while ago, small with nice plumes, a dark bill, dark legs and yellow feet. It flew towards Tofino." I rushed out to the botanical gardens but it was dusk and I failed to see it. I'll try again tomorrow. Ralph also saw the Great Egret today so he had two egrets in one day in BC." --This is BC's 24th record

MAY 20 UPDATE: Bird is still present (AD).

For anyone coming this way, best bet is end of Sharp Road (at Dolphin Motel).

No comments:

Post a Comment